The lake-side campus is an impressive oasis of greenery set in beautifully tended grounds. The main buildings and the auditorium building are located at Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Straße 2-3. Here you will find eight of the ten Research Groups as well as the administration.
Directions to Hasso Plattner Institute
Situated directly next to the Griebnitzsee metropolitan train (S-Bahn) station, the Hasso Plattner Institute in Potsdam-Babelsberg is superbly located in terms of accessibility. On S-Bahn line S7, it is just a short ride to both the capital Berlin and Potsdam’s city center. The Griebnitzsee station is also served by local transport bus lines 694 and 696.
Arrival from the Berlin Airports
- From BER Airport Terminal 1, take the airport express (bus) BER2 to Potsdam. Then switch to the S-Bahn S7 in direction Ahrensfelde. After 2 stops you arrive at Potsdam-Griebnitzsee.
Total travel time 75 min; ticket for zones ABC required.
- From Schönefeld Airport, there is a footpath leading to the S-Bahn station S Flughafen Berlin-Schönefeld DB (approx. 400 m).
From the station, take Regionalbahn RB14, destination Nauen, to S+U Friedrichstraße or Regionalexpress RE22, destination Roßlau, to S Wannsee. Switch to line S7, destination Potsdam-Hauptbahnhof, and travel to Potsdam-Griebnitzsee.
Total travel time 65 to 85 min; ticket for zones ABC required.
Taxi rides from either airport to HPI cost between 40 and 50 Euros and take 45 to 60 minutes.
Arrival by Train
At Griebnitzsee metropolitan train (S-Bahn) station:
- From Berlin central station take S-Bahn line S7, destination Potsdam-Hauptbahnhof, and travel to Potsdam-Griebnitzsee (travel time approx. 35 min), alternatively take RB21/22 (travel time approx. 20 min)
- From Berlin Zoologischer Garten take S-Bahn line S7, destination Potsdam-Hauptbahnhof, and travel to Potsdam-Griebnitzsee (travel time approx. 25 min), alternatively take RB21/22 (travel time approx. 20 min)
- From Potsdam central station take S-Bahn line S7, destination Ahrensfelde, to Potsdam-Griebnitzsee (travel time approx. 10 min)
Taxi rides from either station to HPI cost between 30 and 40 Euros and take approx. 45 minutes.
A taxi ride from Potsdam central station takes around 15 minutes and will cost approx. 10 Euros.
Arrival by Car
- From the A10 (Berlin beltway), change onto the A115 at the intersection “Dreieck Nuthetal”.
- Leave the A115 at the Potsdam-Babelsberg exit (dual exit!) and continue in the direction of Potsdam-Babelsberg.
- Follow Nuthestraße towards the city center (“Zentrum”) and exit at Wetzlarer Straße (Medienstadt Babelsberg).
- Turn right, pass the BMW car dealer and turn left in the direction of Babelsberg.
- At the next intersection (Großbeerenstraße/Wetzlarer Straße) keep going straight onto August-Bebel-Straße.
- After approx. 1.5 km, just before the rail underpass, turn right onto Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Straße.At the end of the street (next to the bus loop) you will see the HPI on your right side.
- HPI Campus II is located on the corner of August-Bebel-Straße/Stahnsdorfer Straße.
- HPI Campus III is located on the other side of the railway, Rudolf-Breitscheid-Straße 187.
Directions from Griebnitzsee Station
- To the main building: Leave the underpass in the direction of “Universität“ (university), turn left at the bus loop, pass the level crossing and keep walking straight, the main building is located at the end.
- To the auditorium building: Leave the underpass in the direction of “Universität“ (university), turn left at the bus loop, pass the level crossing and keep walking straight, the auditorium building is located on the left, opposite of the lake.
- To HPI Campus II: Leave the underpass in the direction of “Universität“ (university), turn right at the bus loop. Follow Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Straße to the end and turn left onto August-Bebel-Straße. You will find HPI Campus II on the corner August-Bebel-Straße/Stahnsdorfer Straße.
- To HPI Campus III: Leave the underpass in the direction opposite to “Universität” (university), turn left and follow Rudolf-Breitscheid-Strasse. You will pass Edeka supermarket, and after that you will find Campus III on your left.
Größere Karte anzeigen
In general, every hotel which is situated near the S-bahn route of the S7 is suitable and brings you quite easily to the Hasso Plattner Institute at Griebnitzsee, Potsdam
Suggested hotels next to address of venue:
- Hotel Steglitz International: http://www.si-hotel.com/, only 2 minutes from the S-Bahn station “Rathaus Steglitz”
- Hampton Hotel Berlin City West: https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/txlbchx-hampton-berlin-city-west/?cid=&WT.mc_id=&dclid=&gclid=&AWC=
- Art Hotel Charlottenburger Hof: https://charlottenburger-hof.de/
- NH Hotel Potsdam: https://www.nh-hotels.com/hotel/nh-potsdam
- Altstadt Hotel Potsdam: https://www.altstadt-hotel-potsdam.de/